Have you started thinking about the one change you will be making in February to add to what you have been doing in January? Did you forget about your one simple change from January? February is around the corner, so why don’t you take some time to sit down and think about one change that you can implement to increase your happiness and mindfulness. The goal can be fitness, nutrition or personal growth based. Pick something to add or remove that will be a bit of a challenge, the best part about starting a month with a goal and reaching the end of that month is the accomplishment, and then of course, there is the added health benefit! Here’s the link that started the plan this year. I’ll be continuing with my stretching and I have to admit I have let a few days lapse with my food journalling so I think that is what I am going to focus on this coming month.
So here we go:
- 2013: Run 1 km per day and stretch
- January: Pay attention to my sleeping needs. On nights, go to bed during the day (I feel guilty missing the kids, even though I can be a grump – go figure), and on days off and day shifts, get to bed earlier. **I have been doing okay with this, but it definitely needs more work. For me this is an ongoing challenge, so I’ll keep working on it.
- February: Time Management! Journal what I eat, and create a workout schedule for the month.
Don’t know where to start? Here are a few ideas, from simple to challenging…and don’t forget what might be simple to you may be challenging to someone else and vice versa. Think about what you will benefit from the most.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water every day
- Walk the kids to school every day (this can focus on a lot of different areas, time management, family time, fitness)
- Commit to 30 mins of continuous exercise every day
- Take a special interest class (think painting, writing workshop, Zumba, tai chi)
- Start a yoga practice
- Borrow a new exercise video from the library every week – and do it!
- Plan a family game night, every week
- Add a new healthy recipe to your meal plan, every week
- Eat veggies with every meal (even breakfast!!)
I’d love to hear what your plan is…