With the weather warming up (most days!) here’s a great leg and cardio workout to get you outside and moving. Jump into your backyard or hit a local park. Have kids? Let them play on the playground while you take time to get fit!
After you warm up, run the length of your back yard or a pre-determined distance in the park, touching down each time. Repeat this four times. Next walking over head lunges for 20 lunges, then 20 squats and finish with 20 mountain climbers. Then of course, repeat! Cool down, stretch and enjoy the rest of your day!!
Here is an awesome arm work out that you can incorporate into your current workout:
Perform 8-15 reps of each exercise per arm:
Now – 25 burpees or 25 jumping jacks
Repeat the arm exercises. This time at a slow tempo with two counts up and two counts down.
25 burpees or 25 jumping jacks
Repeat arm exercises at original tempo for last set.
Don’t forget to stretch out when your done!
Another at home workout pyramid, get out the timer, put on some tunes and get sweaty!
Here we go:
On your stairs…up up down down for 1 minute to warmup. Then repeat fast for one min.
Jumping jacks, push ups and….haven’t had these in awhile…burpees!
Work from 10 down to 1. If your not sure how this works, see some of the past Wednesday workouts for info.
Finish with up up down down slowly on the stairs to cool down.
Don’t forget to stretch.
Because they’re oh so popular here’s another pyramid 🙂
Jumping jacks with legs crossed
Try it from 10 reps each and count down to 1.
Time yourself and have fun! Dont forget to warm up, cool down and and stretch at the end!
Seriously, we are already at week 7???
Here we go. This one looks easy. It’s not. Try it and you will be thinking (or cursing) Get Movin Tips the next day.
Pyramid form again. If you want to go from 10 down feel free, 7 down may be a good starting point, especially if you are including this as part of a workout and not doing it independently.
The exercises are:
- Forward lunge on each leg, this is one
- Forward lunge, side squat and back lunge with right leg leading
- Forward lunge, side squat and back lunge with left leg leading
So, if you are not familiar with the Pyramid’s we do. Each exercise is repeated a set number of times before moving on to the next one. When all three are completed, you start again decreasing the number in the set by one rep. So if you are counting down from seven it looks like this:
- 7 Forward lunges, alternating legs. One of each leg is a “rep” so it will be a total of 14 lunges
- 7 Forward lunges, side squat and back lunge with right leg leading
- 7 Forward lunges, side squat and back lunge with left leg leading;
- 6 Forward lunges, alternating legs. One of each leg is a “rep” so it will be a total of 12 lunges
- 6 Forward lunges, side squat and back lunge with right leg leading
- 6 Forward lunges, side squat and back lunge with left leg leading;
- 5 Forward lunges, alternating legs. One of each leg is a “rep” so it will be a total of 10 lunges
- 5 Forward lunges, side squat and back lunge with right leg leading
- 5 Forward lunges, side squat and back lunge with left leg leading;
- continue this way with 4, 3, 2 then 1 rep of each exercise.
Turn up the music – this one is going to burn…but it’s all worth it!
Today’s workout is our favourite for doable quick workouts that can be done on their own, or added into an established routine. Yep, here’s another pyramid for you:
We’re counting down from 10 to 1. So for those of you who are new to this type of routine it goes like this: Perform 10 jumping jacks, 10 burpees, 10 push ups, than 9 jumping jacks, 9 burpees, 9 push ups, 8 of each, 7 of each and so on until you reach one of each.
Today’s exercise is our classic pyramid, with a twist!
Pyramid to reverse pyramid:
Start with 1 rep of each exercise, then 2…3…4…5 of each then reverse…5 of each exercise…then 4…3…2…1
Exercise#1 tricep push up (hands together on diamond)
Exercise#2 plank jacks (half plank, legs open & closed)
Exercise #3 squat squat jump (plyometric)
So it will look like this:
1 triceps push up, 1 plank jack, 1 squat, squat jump; 2 triceps push ups, 2 plank jacks, 2 squat, squat jumps, continue with 3 of each, 4 of each and 5 of each.
Then reverse it! 5 of each, 4 of each, 3 of each, 2 of each and 1 of each.
Have fun, don’t forget to start with a warm up and finish with a cool down and stretch!